I got into Louisiana about 2:30 local time. The flight wasn't bad at all, although I did take some meds so I didn't really have any cares :) When I got to Dallas I grabbed some lunch and was making my way to my gate when I ran into Ryan. It was so crazy we both just happened to be in the same place at the same time. He was on call until 2:00 so had to stick around just to make sure no other pilots called in sick or anything. He walked with me to my gate and showed me a short cut on the skylink which saved a ton of time, turns out I was really far away from my terminal and we talked for a while. Then we heard on the intercom they wanted a voluneer to give up their seat on my flight and Ryan explained about the weights and how the FAA changed the regulations and they had to do this a lot. Well no one voluneered and guess who they chose? ME! They called me up and said it wasn't looking good for me to get on the flight, I guess they just randomly chose me. Luckily 3 guys didn't make their connections and I was able to get on...guess they didn't know about the skylink.
We went right to the hospital and stayed there most until about 9:00 then we came back to my Grandma's house. It looks just the same except you can totally tell Vanessa has been here haha. I told her it was vanessa-ized. I already miss Zach but I'm glad Vanessa and Justin will be here a few days with me and hopefully by the time they leave my Grandma will be home.
Oh yeah and I already saw a roach!!! I am terrified of roaches but this was only the third one Vanessa has seen in 6 weeks so hopefully I won't see to many more. I have never seen a roach in Colorado (thank god)...so I'll be sleeping with the lights on for 3 weeks!
And it's raining! I guess it is going to be pretty storng storms this weekend so hopefully we can at least get to the hospital and hopefully the power doesn't go out!
Friday, February 15, 2008
I'm here!
Posted by
Zach and Chelsea
at
11:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Chelsea!!
I am glad you made it safe and sound! Give Grandma and Grandpa our love and you too!! I love reading your blog it makes me feel like your closer than you are!!
Love Ya
Post a Comment