So as many of you know my Grandma had surgery to remove lung cancer on Tuesday. She was kept in ICU until yesterday and you can't have flowers or plants in ICU so I waited until she got into a regular hospital room to send her flowers.
My Grandpa and Aunt suggested that I get her a plant so she could take it home with her. I found a really pretty calla lily plant on a local Louisiana florist's website and I love calla lilies so I thought Grandma would really like them too. I called this local Alexandria florist but they have an answering service so who knows who I was talking to. After I placed my order they asked if it would be okay to substitute another flower if the florist didn't have calla lilies and I said sure but to make sure it is a plant and not cut flowers.
So today I called my Grandma and my Aunt answered. I had shown her the picture online of the plant I ordered and asked if what they delivered looked like what I showed her online(sometimes what you think you are getting and what you get are totoally different things) and she said yes but the flowers were silk. I was so upset I didn't want to send my Grandma silk flowers.
Once I got off the phone with them I called the florist and again got the answering service who took a message to have the manager call me. The manager called right back and was sooo nice! Of course she was in Louisiana and had that southern accent that makes every word sound so sweet. She apologized and said she didn't have any calla lily plants in stock and the lady who took my order had put "as close as possible" on the order. She said she wouldn't be getting an order of calla lily plants in for 2-3 weeks and asked if "Miss Vivian" lived in the area. I told her yes but the area she lives in is out of the delivery area. She asked if I would be coming to visit and I told her I would be coming into town in a few weeks so she is going to call me when they get an order in a make a really nice design for "Miss Vivian" that I can come pick up.
I should be pleased with the outcome and I am but I also feel awful for complaining when the lady was so nice. I was just disappointed because I was expecting something different but those southerners are so sweet and I like that florist so much more now that she went out of her way to take care of her customers!
Friday, January 25, 2008
Silk Flowers
Posted by
Zach and Chelsea
at
1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment